GAEA's Best Practices
Every step in the olive oil production contributes to the quality and preservation of its natural characteristics.
GAEA follows the best available practices in olive oil production, which contribute to the consistently superb quality of its Extra Virgin olive oils
GAEA’s Best Practices production steps
- The olives are harvested in November - December
- They are hand-picked with the help of simple tools, in order to protect the fruits
- They are carefully placed in baskets before going to the oil press
- They are cold pressed just a few hours after harvesting
- The olive oil is stored in tanks containing nitrogen in order to slow down ageing and is kept under a controlled temperature, in a lightless environment.
- All GAEA’s Extra Virgin Olive Oils are bottled in dark bottles in order to restrict light absorption